- Review of company information on product direction, customer interaction process, market, and competitors
- Interviews with key people (CTO, CEO, CFO, COO, key business leaders) to understand current business processes, customer/supplier interactions, areas of excellence & concerns, business needs, & future desires.
- Review of external competition and their business models.
- Interviews with current process leaders and selected individuals to understand daily process flow.
- Develop a baseline of current business processes, successes, & concerns.
- Identification of participants, workshop goals, and team exercises.
(Note: Actual exercises will be selected and adapted during planning to meet the needs of the company and participants. These will vary.)
Participant Pre-Work (2-3 hours)
- review a business case for a related digital transformation success
- review a business case of an orthogonal digital transformation
- Prepare a short list (3-5 items) of things you believe would transform business process
Workshop Activities (1 day)
- Review of company vision, mission, and product/services direction
- Customer demographics (current/ expected future)
- A short review of the SWOT model
- Team exercise: SWOT analysis of 1 or 2 current or potential competitors.
- Team identification of unique value-add elements their company has relative to competitors
- Overview of a current business process to be dissected
- Team exercise: Identification of value-add steps, costly steps, and wasted process steps in the business process
- Value stream analysis primer
- Team exercise: Groups will redesign process using value stream and lead techniques.
- Teams will report results. Group voting used to identify best elements
- Group activity to align best elements into a new combined process design.
- Group walkthrough of the new process to identify requirements and gaps
- Group exercise to identify next 5 actions to take following the workshop
- A summary report outlining the day, learning, activity results, and recommendations for moving forward.